Al-Hilaal Islamic Charitable Foundation was established in Dec 1992. We are a non-profit institution, organized and operated exclusively for religious and charitable purposes. Currently we are operating the Masjid and Islamic Center located in the city of Milpitas within the world-famous “Silicon Valley” and serving the religious needs of Muslims from different parts of the world. This diversity is also reflected in the local Muslim population and is very much evident during many activities at the Al-Hilaal Center such as five daily prayers, Friday Prayers, Taraweeh prayers during Ramadaan, Eid Prayers and various other functions. In our speeches, Khutbah and prayers we emphasize and accommodate the viewpoint of the four schools of thought (Madhaahib).
Al-Hilaal Islamic Charitable Foundation: Masjid Activities
Following is a brief list of current activities:
- Five daily prayers.
- Friday prayer (Jumu`ah).
- Introductory Arabic classes on Tuesday evenings.
- Fiqh classes on Wednesday evenings.
- Tafseer-ul-Qur’aan on Thursday evenings.
- Hadeeth recitation and commentary every day after `Ishaa’ and Dars-ul-Qur’aan every day after Fajr.
- Da`wah efforts within the local Muslim community as well as surrounding localities.
- Da`wah efforts for the non-Muslims with Islamic literature and books. Islamic literature and books are also mailed to new Muslim converts in the jails and prisons throughout the United States.